Euphemia li Britannia – Code Geass


Euphemia Li Britannia from Code Geass
Made in 2011
Worn for Kumoricon 2011

I also created C2’s Dress. Construction details are for both gowns.

Construction Details!
I lost count on how much fabric I used for these dresses. The white gown was upward of 17 yard of Cream Bridal Satin (10$ a yard), the black gown on had around 11 yards (Black Bridal Satin, 10$ A yard). Luckily I was able to get all the fabric for these costumes at half price making the dresses a lot more affordable.

The skirts are layered circle skirts, that were then connected to big 5″ elastic bands. Nothing all to fancy. They were draped and hemmed on my dress form to create the shape I wanted. For the tiers on my dress I bunched the satin to create the cascading look. Underneath both skirts was a 6-hoop skirt.

The tops were both very different. For the white gown my mother made the top from a basic summer shirt pattern. I would at some point like to redo this as it doesn’t have the look I want. It is fully lined and closes with Velcro.

The black gown’s top was created without a pattern. It was drafted on the dress form as a spaghetti strap then I added the sleeves. It has a low back and 2 ties in the back to keep the straps up.

My removable sleeves were constructed like C2’s sleeves, just they were measured to fit my arm snug so that they would stay up. Still, they did fall down quite often.

Both corset are fully boned and lined with interfacing to keep them stiff. The front laces are functional but mostly for decoration, in the back they both lace up with eyelets.

For Shoes I wore Victorian Wedding boots. They were uber comfy!!

Wig: Mulan Fu (Euphie base)
Arda Wigs (Buns and C2’s Wig)
Boots: Funtashima